I know, I know. I’m really late this year. I’ve just been so caught up in things that I never really had the time to sit down and write it. Plus I really wanted this one to be a little different, so I wanted to make sure that I actually had time to think it all up and write it.
Even more so when I’ve already experienced first-hand what being thankful can do. ^^
So this year, I’m going to make another list of at least 10 things that I’m thankful for. In no particular order, except the first, are:
1. First on the list will always be FAMILY. <3 Regardless of what happens, I know I’ll always have them to fall back to and help me up. ^^
2. Also, constantly on my list will be my friends; both good and bad, and both who have done me wrong and those who have stayed by my side, and backed me up when others kicked me down. Also the ones who have kicked me in my face when I’m down, because people like these make me know who my real friends are; and who only get close to me when they want a favour. They teach me to be more careful towards who I trust, and for that I’m constantly grateful.
3. And this one deserves a separate section of thanks; because although it relates to the first one, it really matters that I give thanks to this one on it’s own: My grandfather. He has been in the hospital for a good few weeks now, and from the cancer scare, he’s been improving TREMENDOUSLY. And for that, I’m eternally grateful. My wish is for him to be up and walking again in time for Christmas. ^^ *love*
4. Of course, dance also has to be on my list. I learned to express myself better after a good few years dancing, and it will always be a form of expression to me. Also, it has taught me many of life’s lessons; some of which I still practise today, and I have to say, has made me into who I am. The mentality, the spirit.. all that I have now, is mostly because of what Mr Gino has taught me throughout the years. I still miss you, Mr Gino. And I still wish everyday that you were here. Especially during this time. <3
5. This one was not thought of until I actually came to it. But it suddenly struck me that this should be in my list EVERY YEAR. What is it? Why, health, of course. I know I have sinus and I’m not exactly fit and all, but I’m HEALTHY. I can walk when some can’t. I can run, I can jump, I can use both my hands and all 10 fingers. I am able to get myself to places without difficulty. And that is definitely something I should be thankful for. *yes*
6. And of course, I’m thankful for my job. Although it isn’t ideal, still, at least I have a job. No picture for this one, because I don’t wanna broadcast what isn’t my ideal job. But like I said, at least I have a job that has rather a lot of benefits. That, and the fact that I managed to score a job there without much trouble.
7. Also, to the luxuries that I have. I may not be rich, but I ain’t poor either, and that’s something to be thankful for. I have an ipod, an air conditioner in my room, and a car to drive around. Living in Kampar for a year and a half without a car definitely made me appreciate the vehicle more. It’s true what they say that you never really appreciate stuff until you don’t have it anymore. So yeah, I’m grateful for the luxuries that I have in my life right now. ^^